On August 3, 2017, Mr. Rose presented the media with documents revealing the service record of Rep. Steven Palazzo. For years, there have been rumors of double dealings and false statements being made, but this is the first time the documents have been made public.
Below, we have listed some of the news coverage of the August 3rd event and a chance for anyone to download and review the documents.
WXXV Fox 25 – Congressman Palazzo’s Service in Question
Documents in support of August 3, 2017 Press Conference
(Files with “r” indicate redacted content for privacy.)
UPDATE: WLOX has verified through an independent source that the documents are authentic.
- May 6, 2004 Palazzo request for separation from Army.
- August 5, 2004 (original) Palazzo request for separation from Army.
- Letter from Col. Stricklen to Steven Palazzo stating request for hardship discharge is being returned without action. Col. requests Palazzo follow procedures. (dated 8/16/04)
- Letter from Palazzo to Col. Stricklen stating he will not provide medical records or further information. (notarized 8/16/04)
- Memorandum: Soldier Request for Separation because of Multiple Hardships Under AR 635-200 (notarized 8/16/04)
- Palazzo Financial Statement showing only Army income, no income for spouse (notarized 8/16/04)
- Palazzo Letter / Affidavit to Col. Stricklen requesting discharge from the Army based on Financial, Community, and Family Hardships (notarized 8/16/04)
- Lisa Palazzo Affidavit stating Family Hardship (notarized 8/16/04)
- Wendy Scoggins Craft Affidavit refuting Steven and Lisa Palazzo’s Family Hardship claim and citing Steven with dual taxpayer salaries
- Palazzo’s Soldier Request for Separation Under AR 635-200 for Community/Humanitarian Hardship (notarized 8/25/04)
- Palazzo Letter / Affidavit to Col. Stricklen requesting discharge from the Army based on Financial, Community, and Family Hardships (notarized 8/25/04)
- Letter from Col. Stricklen to Palazzo denying request for separation from the Army (dated 9/7/04)
- Opinion Letter from LTC Brian A. Montague, Command Judge Advocate (dated 9/4/04)
- Letter from Palazzo to Col. Stricklen requesting separation request be appealed to higher chain of command (dated 10/22/04)
- Biloxi Housing Authority PHA Plans